Question : Problem: DVI to HDMI from media center pc to 32" LG tv not allowing audio to work

I purchased an LG '32LG30' lcd tv to hook to my media center pc.  I use a DVI to HDMI cable and have no sound at all from the tv.  I know dvi cable carries no audio but I have hooked up a 'y' rca to speaker cable.  When I unplug the hdmi but leave the audio cable in, i get sound.  I believe somehow my dvi - hdmi cable is negating sound from the audio rca port because it believes sound is streaming through hdmi.  I tested the audio card on the media center with a computer speaker and it works fine too.  My motherboard is an Intel DG43NB Socket 775 Model with onboard high definition video and audio ports on the mb.  What can I do to get sound on my tv?  I do not want to hook the audio to another amp.  Please advise

Answer : Problem: DVI to HDMI from media center pc to 32" LG tv not allowing audio to work

If you use VGA, the quality loss will be barely detectable on a 32" screen with a good quality cable, and it will be a lot cheaper than the alternatives.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us