Question : Problem: Lynksys, Microsoft, had both had problems with both.

I have A Lynksys firewall\router currently (befsx41 wired), Had a microsoft firewall router Prior. Both seem to do quite well only the logevity of both is quite poor in my situation. I am running a small home network of 2 computers and would like too share the internet connection and have the security of a firewall (hardware) too boot (we all now how good software firewalls are) . Can anyone give me some advice on the top companies that can offer longevity as well as performance for my application and I cannot see spending over $100.00 for this considering my application. Thanx in advance. bobber129 .   PS. I would also like too stay wired as well!!!!

Answer : Problem: Lynksys, Microsoft, had both had problems with both.

I'm not sure if you are going to get what you want for under $100.00.  Netgear has a firewall/rouer for about that price, but my personal preference is a Cisco 831 router.  It runs abotu $450.00 and has built in IOS firewall and is a great little device.  It is my router/firewall of choice for small offices.  The only time I have used it in a home is for people who want to VPN into thier office from thier homes.  
Look at the Netgear and if you are serious about the longevity issue seriously consider the Cisco.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us