Question : Problem: Auxiliary power connector(AUX12V) problem?

Hi,

I've done assembling a new computer with cyberzone KC 300W power supply and Asus P4S533 board.  Sometimes it show CPU freq. setting error on BIOS menu.  Took it to the computer dealer, the dealer hinted that there is a power supply connection problem, but refused to tell me what exactly is missing unless I leave the computer at his place and pay him service fee.  So I checked the motherboard manual.  I think the problem is that I didn't connect the Auxiliary 12V power on the motherboard(The CPU power and the ATX12V power are all connected).  The problem is, the AUX power connector on the motherboard is a 4-pin male, and the AUX cable coming out of the power supply is a 6-pin female... So I'm thinking maybe I could connect one of the connectors that's intended for additional harddrive/CD ROM onto the motherboard.  Any suggestion/confirmation on this?  Thanks in advance.

XWL

Answer : Problem: Auxiliary power connector(AUX12V) problem?

wow i read the article and found the answer!

Some motherboards, such as the ASUS P4B family of boards, provide something called an ASUS EZ Plug™ connector. This is a 4-pin auxillary +12V connector mounted on the motherboard that connects a regular 4-pin device power connector from the power supply, and lets you get around having to purchase an ATX12V compliant power supply.

There is your answer. and that should fix your problem.

have a great evening :^)
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us