Question : Problem: Wierd crashing problem

We have a dell dimension 4700 desktop(with the latest bios), and when we came home yesterday, it started normally, but crashed after logging on. The problem must be a hardware problem because the computer crashed very suddenly with windows event log even logging a problem. I the rebooted it, but the fan went crazy and the screen was blank. the lights on the back indicated memory failure, but the memory is working ok, and we bought them 8 months ago. This is not the first time the pc gave a problem like this. the first time was when i bumped the power cable when it was on, but i only got that error code and not the fan problem, and this time it happened several times before sorta working out. I think power was off for a while while we were gone, but i dont think it was a surge since they put up a new pole and there was no bad weather. I tested the memory with memtest but the first time it froze with the error "Unexpected Interrupt: Halting" and the second time it just simply froze.

Answer : Problem: Wierd crashing problem

I think that just applys to macs, just take out the power, hold the power button in for a minute and try it again, then if it still has problems try the above.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us