Question : Problem: Booting errors

I have an Optiplex GX 280. Computer was working fine shut it down in the evening and when  I try to boot up and receive this message:

Intel(r) Grantsdale-G PCI Accelerated SVGA BIOS
Build Number: 3329 PC Dev 04/12/2004 17:02:24
DECOMPILATION OR DISASSEMBLY PROHIBITED
Copyright (C) 2000-2003 Intel Corp. All Rights Reserved

and the computer just hangs there.

I tried some stuff like reseting the Bios and follwing these insttructions below

Shut down the PC, unplug the power cord and hold the power button in for 15 seconds.

Open the case and remove the cmos battery for 15 Minutes (note the polarity of the battery before removal) Replace the battery if it is 3-5 years old. Reinsert the battery after 15 Minutes, close the case and plug it in, then do the following before doing anything else.

Power up the PC
* Watch the keyboard lights. When they flash, tap the F2 key
* The message, Entering Setup should appear
* Down arrow to Maintenance
* Choose Load Defaults
* Click Continue - Restore factory defaults

Restart the PC, see if the message is gone.

But i still get the same message and the computer hangs up....HELP!!!!

Answer : Problem: Booting errors

I have encountered the issue of a failing component stuck boot process right at the screen you mentioned, so I suggested to remove components. In early computers used EDO RAMs, they would either stuck at that screen or give "Memory test fail" error when a module or slot was faulty.
   Resetting CMOS via jumper or setting BIOS settings to fail-safe or factory defaults may work.
   Since compuer can not boot correctly, you can not determine the cause of the issue via softwares.
   Brand computers like Dell HP needs compatible RAMs. Not all RAMs work with them.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us