Question : Problem: Sound clips while HDDs are working. Possible that index files are located on both discs.

I've recently installed a new HDD(Samsung Spinpoint T1 1TB) and at the same time reinstalled Vista Ultimate 32-bit on the new disc. I have an old installation of Vista Ultimate 64-bit on the old disc. The old disc is a Western Digital Caviar SE16 500GB.
Ever since i installed the new disc and OS, the sounds clips when, it seems, the HDDs are working. It also seems that the clipping affects graphical effects as well, although this could just be my imagination.
I've tried different audio driver's, both from the manufacturor of my motherboard (the sound card is built-in), Realtek.com and Windows Update.
I've also tried removing the old HDD, but then Vista won't boot at all. I've consulted a friend and he thinks this might be a result from Index files being located on both HDDs, thus making them both work like mad all the time which makes the sound clip. If this is the case, it would be extremely valuable not having to reinstall the whole system, although the old HDD can be formatted without any problems if it would be necessary.

Answer : Problem: Sound clips while HDDs are working. Possible that index files are located on both discs.

You'd have to boot the PC with the Vista installation DVD with only the new disk installed. That should then invoke a "repair" and Vista should then be able to make it bootable.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us