Question : Problem: I have a Dell 2550 with a onboard raid card, can't get it to boot.

Okay I have a 2550 Dell Server.  I can not get it to boot.  This being said, it did boot yesterday and thinking the issue was resolved I powered it off.  The error message comes up and says "No boot device available.  

I can see the hard drives showing up in the SCSI Utility.   I know I have a perc card onboard  because when it did come up yesterday I saw it in the bios.  I have tried to disable the raid controller in the setup and reboot it then enable it, still no luck.  The raid controller is set to SCSI enabled in the bios setup.  I can provide more specifics if needed.  Thanks for any help.

Answer : Problem: I have a Dell 2550 with a onboard raid card, can't get it to boot.

I have tried to disable the raid controller in the setup and reboot it then enable it, still no luck....

You are booting on the Perc boot controller so make sure you have Perc enable in bios. No boot device message could mean lots of thing:
- Corrupted MBR (master boot record)
- Boot order mixed up (some none bootable device get booted ahead of Perc)
- Loosing RAID controller drivers (rarely but does happen)

K
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us