Question : Problem: Flashdrive has autorun files that cannot be erased.  U3 or not U3?

I have several flashdrives that have a powerpoint configured to autorun.  I need to re-use them but the files cannot be erased.  My Computer shows 2 drives when it is inserted. One "G" is a removeable drive with (now) FAT32 formatting and it can be written to.  The other "H" shows s a CD drive with CDFS formating and the files are read only.  I have tried to repartition using Disc Management but all I can do is change the name of the partition.  I've bee searching around and looked at some U3 sites but the two things I've tried cannot see it as a U3 drive.  Maybe it's not?  This looks like a real tough deal from what I've seen so I'm putting 500 points on it.

Answer : Problem: Flashdrive has autorun files that cannot be erased.  U3 or not U3?

OK, You folks are not going to believe this. An associate of mine sent me this link (which I include to give proper attribution).  http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-11183-0.html?forumID=5&threadID=187062&start=0

What it says is: SHORT ANSWER: Go into the device manager and find the cdrom device it created the first time you installed it. Right click on the device and click on disable. U3 is now effecively disabled.

I had to restart my PC but when I did and reinserted the flash drive the CD thing was no longer there.  I reformatted the accessible porton and did a quick format just to be sure.  It is now A-OK.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us