Question : Problem: I keep getting a blue STOP (boot device inaccessible) message when trying to boot my computer.

I built a system about a year ago, and recently decided to upgrade my mobo and cpu.  After putting in the new stuff and hooking everything back up my comp got halfway down starting up win 2k and gave me some blue "STOP_Boot Device Inaccessible" type message.  I rebooted and got the same thing.  The hdd is Western Digital 60GB and my mobo is ABIT KD7 -RAID

comp: AMD Athlon XP 2100+ 512MB ram running win2k prof

Next I tried a WD 120GB hdd I had in the computer I am currently using.  I got the same message when I tried booting up.  Then I took the other hdd from this comp, a Maxtor 20GB, and tried it in the newer system...once again same blue stop screen.

I put the Maxtor 20GB and the WD 120GB back in this comp and they work like they did.  However, they won't boot up the other comp.  Also, the WD 60GB is not even being recognized by either computer.  I can't even put it in this comp alone and fdisk/format it it.  The comp just never notices it.

My main concern is getting my new comp working with the WD 120GB hdd, but I would also appreciate any help with the WD 60GB hdd problem.

Please let me know what other info is needed.

Thanks for any and all help,
Justin

Answer : Problem: I keep getting a blue STOP (boot device inaccessible) message when trying to boot my computer.

sorry but windows xp and windows 2000 you cant just "upgrade" your motherboard, its much different in how it operates compared to windows 9x/me you might want to put the windows 2000 install cd in and boot off it and go to setup, or do a repair or something like that
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us