Question : Problem: I'm having trouble establishing a VPN tunnel into my home network.

I have a Terayon TJ715x cable modem, connected to a Linksys WRVS4400N wireless router with VPN.  I spent an hour on the phone with Linksys tech support today and the tech thought that my cable moden needed to be switched from "router" mode to "bridge" mode because the status tab of the routers web tool shows the internet IP address as 192.168.x.x when it should be the outside IP of 72.231.x.x  (this is the IP that shows as my external IP when running an IP test) After some searching I was able to log onto the cable modem but I cannot find any way to make this configuration change or even if its even possible wtih this particular cable modem.  I'm running Vista on my IBM T60p laptop that holds the shared folder that the VPN tunnel will connect to.  The PC that I'm having difficulty establishing a VPN into my network is running XP Pro with the latest VPN client availalbe from Linksys's website.   Note also that the Linksys tech tried to connect via VPN with the Linksys VPN client and couldt not establish a connection either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answer : Problem: I'm having trouble establishing a VPN tunnel into my home network.

jbocek,
Because you have presented a solution to your own problem which may be helpful to future searches, this question is now PAQed and your points have been refunded.

EE_AutoDeleter
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us