Question : Problem: Auto trigger applet via FTP

I'm asking specifically here about an application called Epson Syylus RIP for OSX, but this pretty much would apply to any 'applet'. Now my understanding of an applet is a sudo application that you 'drag and drop' a file on to which then proceeds to process the file you dropped onto it with some pre-defined parameters.

No, if your only option is to perform a system level copy ie you don't have the ability to drag and drop, can you still trigger the action.

Ideally, I'd want to use ftp to copy (in this case) a PDF and trigger the rip (the flipping thing doesn't come with a standard 'hotfolder' or i'd be laughing.

I've examined the package contents and experimented with copying to various parts of it without success (as you know a OS X app appears as a folder via FTP)

Any ideas, experts?

Answer : Problem: Auto trigger applet via FTP

Why not use Folder Actions, it's built in to the OS. Right-click on the folder/directory of choice, enable folder actions, configure folder actions, attach a folder action...
And you can attach a custom AppleScript that you've written & stored in /Library/Scripts/Folder Action Scripts

Or use a launchd watch item
http://www.afp548.com/article.php?story=20050620071558293
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us