Question : Problem: How do I adjust my 18.5 wide monitor to fine fit my display

Just bought an AOC wide 18.5 inc monitor as external monitor to my laptop, but my display is getting too wide and sometimes it doesn't fit nicely on my programs or searching web, how can I adjust for better viewing

Answer : Problem: How do I adjust my 18.5 wide monitor to fine fit my display

hi,

connection external screens to your laptop can give troubles sometimes.

when the lid of the notebook is open and the resolutions of both screens are different it's a real pain to get them right all the time. After a reboot or a use without the screen the configuration is messed up again.

Are u intended to use the Laptop screen and the external screen simultaneous, or more that u are not using the laptop screen when the external screen is connected?

if u don't want to use them simultaneous then just put the power settings of the notebook to "Do nothing" when i close the lid of the computer, close the lid and set the resolution to the ideal resolution of the external screen and everything should be ok.

When u want to use them simultaneously it depends on the video card + the drivers on how to set it up. I'll need more information to be able to help u with that. But keep in mind that it will be a huge struggle.

regards
otta
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us