Question : Problem: Sony laptop UCG series?

I have a vaio that reads "UCG135XEUM" and I'm trying to order some memory, but I can't find this model # anywhere on the net.  Anyone have any experience with this model?  I'm going to call Sony, but my experience is that I'll be welcomed with a frustrating maze of auto-help options.  Thanks if you can help.

Answer : Problem: Sony laptop UCG series?

Well ... that model is not listed on the Sony Asia site; the Sony US site;  the Sony Canada site;  the Sony South America site; or the Sony Europe site !!   But I did find one obscure reference to it ... so it apparently is a good model number :-)

In any event, I'd suggest you download Everest Home (http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Info/Everest-Home-Edition.shtml); run it; and then look at the reported SPD information from your current memory (Motherboard - SPD).   That will tell you the correct type of module.   In addition, the Motherboard - Chipset should display the actual memory slots you have available.   I would, nevertheless, open the laptop and be sure you know where the memory goes before ordering ==> just in case you have a laptop with some of the memory soldered to the motherboard.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us