Question : Problem: NTBackup and WD USB drive issue

I have problem with NTBackup and USB external hard drive.
The thing is when try to do backup of my server to external usb drive (WD My Book® Essential Edition) connected to deferent PC  I receive error message. The operation was not performed because the specified media cannot be found.  I know that this drive after while goes to sleep mode so maybe this is problem. I used this command in NT Backup
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntbackup.exe backup "@C:\Documents and Settings\backupacc\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows NT\NTBackup\data\Friday Differential.bks" /n "Friday Differential.bkf created 2008-09-17 at 14:59" /d "Set created 2008-09-17 at 14:59" /v:no /r:no /rs:no /hc:off /m differential /j "Friday Differential" /l:s /f "B:\Differential\Friday\Friday Differential.bkf" /um

Thanks everyone for help

Answer : Problem: NTBackup and WD USB drive issue

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntbackup.exe backup "@C:\Documents and Settings\backupacc\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows NT\NTBackup\data\Friday Differential.bks" /n "Friday Differential.bkf created 2008-09-17 at 14:59" /d "Set created 2008-09-17 at 14:59" /v:no /r:no /rs:no /hc:off /m differential /j "Friday Differential" /l:s /f "B:\Differential\Friday\Friday Differential.bkf" /um

According to this, which is most likely in your scheduled tasks.. it is trying to save the the "B" drive as Friday Differential.bkf using the selections from Friday Differential.bks
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us