Question : Problem: notebook will not boot to windows only HP quickplay

so my buddy gave me his notebook, which i restored about a month ago using hps restore wizard due to a missing ntldr. this time it had a corrupt file and wouldnt boot. before this file went corrupt he told me when he would turn it on it would boot staright to hp's quickplay which is a feature that allows you to play music/dvds without booting to windows. anyway i figured maybe he had a bad hdd so i got the seatools and ran a test it found an error and i chose to fix it ran another test and came back fine. so i booted to the recovery console form hp which allows you to recover your os while keeping your data. so it ran through that and when it was rebooting to load windows i would get a windows splash screen then straight to quickplay, so i restarted and sometimes i wouldnt get the spalsh screen but everytime it went to quickplay. whats my move it seems to me like its not detecting the os on the hdd and goign to the next device in the boot order which is this quickplay. i dont want to go out and buy an new hdd if the diag test comes back fine. its out of warrenty and hp will not sel lme an extended warrenty if the computer is not working correctly.

Answer : Problem: notebook will not boot to windows only HP quickplay

no it doesnt; i just bought an hp extended hardware and software warrenty so i'll let them take care of it
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us