Question : Problem: Perc 3/DC SCSI drives not showing in Disk Management

I have a generic NON-DELL server running W2K3, and I am attempting to configure a Perc 3/DC card to attach an internal SCSI drive to.  This is not a boot drive, just a backup drive.  The problem is that I cannot see it in Disk Management no matter what I try.  So far I have:

- Checked termination on Perc (set to defaults with termination enabled).
- Verified end of cable is terminated.
- Cleared configuration in BIOS.
- Made sure clustering was disabled.

When I access the BIOS to try configure the drive, I get the following messages:

In 'Configure > Easy Configuration' - I see the disk under Channel 1, ID#1 listed as 'Ready'.  
In 'Initialize' I get an error stating - 'No logical drives are currently configured'.
In 'Objects > Logical Drive' - 'No logical drives are currently configured'.
In 'Objects > Physical Drive' - It lists 'Ready' just as Easy Configuration does.
In 'Rebuild', 'Check consistency', and 'Reconstruct' I get the 'No logical drives are currently configured.

I find it strange that I can see the drive, but I cannot configure it in any way.

Windows installed the Perc drivers on installation, so I would assume it's not a driver issue.  Is it possible that the Perc card is finnicky about the brand/model of drive in use?  Or perhaps it just won't work in some or all 'non-Dell' servers?  Any other ideas?  Thanks.

Answer : Problem: Perc 3/DC SCSI drives not showing in Disk Management

In the bios go to configure-> new configuration-> then select the drive by pressing the space bar then press Enter then f10, this should bring you to the menu where you configure the type of raid and the options, it should default to raid 0 where its a single drive and unless you want a specific stripe and/or read, write and cache policys ( i suggest leaving them at there defaults), choose accept and press enter. Now you can intialize the logical drive and it should be seen in disk managment. Also for more info on the controller here's a link to the manual for it http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/storage/RAID/PERC3sc/en/ug/index.htm
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us