Question : Problem: Installed a new motherboard/processor - now how do I access data on my existing RAID 0 array?

My computer had a pair of SATA drives that were setup as a RAID 0 array using the Intel Southbridge controller on the motherboard.  They were the boot drive (XP Pro) and it worked great.  The motherboard got zapped by a static shock and died.  I purchased a new motherboard/processor (ECS RS400-A) with an ATI chipset that uses the Silicon Image SATA controller.  When I intsalled the new motherboard I wanted to use the same drives.  I installed them, set the BIOS to enable the array, and the hardware recognized the drives and the RAID 0 array but the computer would not boot from them.  I have since installed a new IDE drive, loaded XP Pro and now I just want to get the data that is on the SATA RAID 0 array.  When I use the Disk Management tool under XP, it recognized the array as one drive and I was able to assign a drive letter but XP says the drive is not formatted and has no file system (I know it is formatted to NTFS).  Now it is asking me if I want to format the drive!  Anyone know how to get at the data on the array???

Dave

Answer : Problem: Installed a new motherboard/processor - now how do I access data on my existing RAID 0 array?

STOP !!!   Do not do anything to those drives -- #1 rule of data recovery !!

Download RAID Reconstructor from www.runtime.org

The free demo will show you what it can recover (probably everything in your case unless you've written to the drives).   You'll have to buy a license to actually recover the data ($99).

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us