Question : Problem: Adding an additional Serial ATA raid array to a system with an existing Serial ATA raid array.

I have an Asus A7N8X Deluxe motherboard with an onboard SATA controller. I have two 80GB Serial ATA hard drives hooked up to the onboard controller. The boot partition lives on the raid array and works fine. Recently, I bought two new Serial ATA hard drives and a 4-port Serial ATA controller card for communicating with the new drive. As soon as I had everything installed, the computer would start hanging at the "Verifying DMI Pool Data" portion of system startup. I've upgraded the BIOS on my motherboard as well as the drivers for the Serial ATA card, but nothing helps. If I disconnect the SerialATA cables from the new drives, the system will boot, but I obviously can not access the new drives. The bios screen acknowledges that the controller and new drives are available, but I can't get the computer to boot properly with the new drives installed. I considered doing a fresh install of Windows XP, but I don't want to lose the information on my existing drives. I've tried everything I can think of and am now out of ideas. Please help.

Answer : Problem: Adding an additional Serial ATA raid array to a system with an existing Serial ATA raid array.

PAQed with points refunded (500)

GranMod
Community Support Moderator
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us