Question : Problem: Toshiba Tecra 8200 Freezes when gently tilted.

I picked up an old Toshiba Tecra 8200 and am trying to make it work.  It is very unstable.  I've installed a new fan/heatsink over the processor (PIII 1 GHz) and put in a new audio card / power switch.  I got it to run for long enough to flash the bios after about 5-6 partial attempts.  That helped it substantially.  I was able after 3 or so tries to get the drive formatted and install a fresh copy of Windows 2000 pro (Not Toshiba's Brand since the disks that came with it state that it is the wrong computer).  I will install the toshiba drivers.  I've found that whenever I move the laptop even slightly it locks up.  I have tested it with and without the DVD and/or floppy drives with no change.  I've been tightening things down like the hard drive which was very loose in the caddy.  This doesn't fix the problem.  I can hold the laptop very gently in my lap and then lift it with no shock at all and tilt it 45 degrees in either direction and it will lock up.  No jiggling, just the tilt will cause the lock up each and every time.  Anyone familiar with this problem?  Can anyone save me some steps before I reduce this thing to the mobo only state that I had it in before?  Thanks a bunch.

Answer : Problem: Toshiba Tecra 8200 Freezes when gently tilted.

No. I think all you can do is take appart the whole thing, clean it, then assemble it again.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us