Question : Problem: SBS 2k3 roaming profile issues

Hello all,

I have a SBS 2003 Server and I want to add roaming profiles. So, under profiles for that account I put in this as the profile path: \\\profiles\%username%

I go to one of the local computers and login with a roaming profile successfully...now the problem.

When I go back to my SBS 2k3 server I try to open the users profile folder and I get a permissions error. If I change the permissions to the local admin then I can't login to the roaming profile from the workstation.

1) What do I need to change to make the profile's folder  accessable for the administrator account.

2) Is there a way to add a network printer to every users profile by default. With out having to login to each profile.

3) Is there a way to have SBS 2k3 connect to user profiles that were saved and then moved over from Win 2000?

I would greatly appreciate any help I can get with this...

Answer : Problem: SBS 2k3 roaming profile issues

To make profiles available to the Admin account, you need to configure a policy setting on every client PC (assuming you are using XP). The policy setting is under 'Computer Configuration, Administrative Templates, System, User Profiles' and is called 'Add the Administrators security group to roaming user profiles'.

Once this policy is set on a client PC, any roaming profiles that are created when a user logs on to that PC will have the Administrators group added to the access control list.

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us