Question : Problem: Hp allinone 7410  cannot print or scan unless user has administrative account

Title: HP AllinOne 7410  Only Administrative Group can print or scan all other groups get print failed error, failed to connect when trying to scan, If I get rid of HP's Printer port and use MS standard TCP
asked by BillAndrews01 on 11/04/2005 04:17AM PST  
This solution was worth  500 Points and received a grade of A  

Using the hp all in one 7400, only accounts that have administrative rights can print or access the device. It is connected wireless.  I believe that there install program failed to  give access rights to their custom ports.  Because If I configure a standard MS tcp port, all groups are able to print.  But this does not fix the issue about accessing its scan feature.
HP has been no help.  The printer properties Security is set to all of the groups USERS etc read access, even tried giving them full control.  But did not work.

I get   Win32 error code returned by the print processor: 67 (0x43).

This printer works fine with windows XP professional SP1, But this computer is using XP professional SP2

HP has a few reports of the same problems but basically no solution.

Send to a Friend     Printer Friendly   See Solution  

Comment from MrBillisMe
Date: 11/04/2005 06:30AM PST
 Comment  

Some hardware is tough to get around but since it uses software give user full permission to the software in the registry and in the Windows programs.

You can also make a user just a power user rather than a full administrator.

The software .exe should be added to the Windows, SP2, Firewall as an exception as well.

Comment from BillAndrews01
Date: 11/04/2005 10:56AM PST
 Your Comment  

I have tried all the different groups,  none work.. ie power users group fails to allow printing as well, If i give the account
admin. rights, everything works fine.

I have used the registry monitor program from system internals, in order to determine if there are access violations when accessing the
registry.. but there are none that i can find.  

HP suggested that I give the everyone group  full access to the classes hive, all the HP software hives.. I did this but it did not fix the issue
either.

Accepted Answer from MrBillisMe
Date: 11/04/2005 12:05PM PST
Grade: A
 Accepted Answer  

I assume you have tried disabling the Windows Firewall.

You might try another SP2 machine to see if it can scan, just to make sure this is not a problem specific to this PC.

Install the 7400 as a local printer and create a port pointing back to the server.

Administrative Comment from Venabili
Date: 12/27/2005 11:17AM PST
 Administrative Comment  

No comment has been added to this question in more than 21 days, so it is now classified as abandoned.

I will leave the following recommendation for this question in the Cleanup topic area:
   Accept: MrBillisMe {http:#15227315}

Any objections should be posted here in the next 4 days. After that time, the question will be closed.

Venabili
EE Cleanup Volunteer

Administrative Comment from Computer101
Date: 12/31/2005 08:25AM PST
 Administrative Comment  

Forced accept.

Computer101
EE Admin

Answer : Problem: Hp allinone 7410  cannot print or scan unless user has administrative account

It seems like you may need a separate program for scanning on the network, since someone is selling such a product: http://www.remote-scan.com/share-scanner.php
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us