Question : Problem: Need help reinstalling windows (drivers!)

Hi there,

I usually reinstall all versions of Windows for some friends and, up to now, my problems have been minor. I recently received a computer with Windows 98 installed that needed to be reinstalled (it was too slow, adware, viruses, etc). So I reinstalled Win98 and now I just can't find dirvers for the AGP Video card, USB and something called PCI to USB device.....it's really annoying me! I have a set of discs with all kinds of drivers that have always helped reinstalling other computers, but are just helpless with this one.

It is an old computer and the BIOS is one I've never seen before (although I'm not an expert). I will post wht I see on-screen at boot up as soon as I can.

Basically, I need some advice of a good program that will help me identify each hardware component and its make, so I can try finding the drivers. I tried installing Sisoft Sandra 2003, but it just won't work with win98.

Also, and I don't know if it helps, I installed Win98 and the serial mouse worked OK, and then I tried installing W2k (just to see if the OS would find the drivers for me) but then again it didn't and it also stopped my mouse from working!!

Help very much appreciated!

Answer : Problem: Need help reinstalling windows (drivers!)

use this : driver magic : it looks for the right drivers for your system, and installs them :

http://www.drivermagic.com/p/nph-home.php      

but you can also try to identify the mobo by the printing on it (usually white lettering)
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us