Question : Problem: Users cant print to a HP 1022n, job hangs in queue and can't be deleted

Hi Guys.

I have just added a HP 1022n printer to my print server, However only Domain administrators can print to it. When a normal users sends a job, the job appears in the queue and says it's printing but doesn't, If you try and delete the job you can't you have to restart the spooler to get rid of it.

I have tried adding specific users into the Security group with no affect, I have also tried adding the users who need to print to the powerusers group on the server (troubleshooting purposes only) and this also had no affect.

I have several printers setup on this server which all work fine. all printers have been setup as follows.

I found it's IP address. Created a port. installed printer to use that port - Drivers where latest drivers from HP.

Does anyone know what's going wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Answer : Problem: Users cant print to a HP 1022n, job hangs in queue and can't be deleted

Hi,
I did find this link and they describe the same problem as you had and they solved it maybe you should take
a look on this.

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windows.server.security/browse_thread/thread/7f2ac77e043585c5/0320548cf0e565ca

Regards Tompa
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us