Question : Problem: Blackberry 8830 does not allow me to accept or deny new appointments

My company is moving from PALM Treo's running Goodlink to Blackberry's and Blackberry professional software (BES lite).  Everything is working fine except when a user gets a meeting request, it dumps the meeting request right onto the BB's calendar but the user never gets a message that allows them to accept or deny or modify the request.  I saw a few people had similar problems on Crackberry.com forums but they received no answers.

Anybody got any ideas?  I'm going to call RIM next week.

Answer : Problem: Blackberry 8830 does not allow me to accept or deny new appointments

First you will need to check the BES server for older versions of cdo.dll and unregister them (Also make sure Outlook isn't installed on the BES).  Then you will need to confirm if you ran the following from the Exchange Management Shell  (Note: Difference may be GenericRead, GenericWrite ):

set-mailboxserver | add-adpermission user BESAdmin accessrights GenericRead, GenericWrite, ExtendedRight extendedrights Send-As, Receive-As, ms-Exch-Store-Admin

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us