Question : Problem: Migration from Software RAID 0 to Expanded Hardware RAID 5

Hi
We currently are using software RAID with 3x SCSI hot swappable disks and fast running out of room especially on our C: drive with operating system which resides on one disk only. New users are being added and Exchange is growing!
We have purchased 3 more SCSI U320 drives to fil up all 6 bays in the cage and also a RAID controller card. I would like to know the best way to migrate from the persent set up:
WIN 2003 SBS
3x 36GB SCSI drives
C: on Disk 1(17GB with only 1GB free!!)
Mounted drive for User folders on Disk 1 (9 GB)
F:  Data on Disk 2&3 Striped
I know now this was not a very good set up to start with and found I cannot expand C: with OS it seems.
My thought is to mirror the OS on 2 existing 36GB disks and then RAID 5 the Data F: with the 3x new 72GB disks. User Home folders could be moved to F:
At present the new hardware has not been installed in the server. What are the steps in this migration hopefully without having to re-install the entire OS and set up again. I have created a CD Boot Disk in case and the present Back up Tape drive writes the Boot Sector to every tape. Do I have to re-do this once the new hardware is installed? Unfortunately the tape drive does not support booting with a RAID controller.
Thanks for your help.

Answer : Problem: Migration from Software RAID 0 to Expanded Hardware RAID 5

Here is how I moved my standard disk to an array.  Works very well

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Hardware/Servers/Q_23074332.html
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us