Question : Problem: When adding an additional Blackberry user, it states "initializing" and never finishes

I've read several of the post here and verified all the permissions are correct, but can't find my solution.  We have an existing user that works fine.  I just bought 3 more licenses and added them to the BES.  When I had the new user (which is me) in never finishes initializing.

Thanks,

J.R.

Answer : Problem: When adding an additional Blackberry user, it states "initializing" and never finishes

Hi, when you add a new user to a Blackberry Server it will say "initializing" until you activate the device.  First you need to ensure that you have contacted your carrier and added a Blackberry Enterprise plan to your account.  Once you have the correct plan just right mouse click on your username in Blackberry Manager and Select Set Activation Password (set a simple password like abc).  Once the password is set on the device go to Options > Advanced Options > Enterprise Activation > Enter your email address and the activation password you set > Press the trackball and select Activate.  As an alternative you can connect the device directly to the BES via USB and then in Blackberry Manager right mouse click the user and select Assign Device.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us