Question : Problem: Very Simple Citrix Desktop App Publishing Question

We use Citrix at our company and use a web portal to get to our published apps.  So you just go to citrixsite.company.com, put in your username, password, and domain, and are presented with a list of icons that have been published to your user account.  

For a couple of users, I would like those icons to appear on their normal PC desktop screen and take them straight into the Citrix published app.  

Let me give you a little background info as to why I want to do it this way:

Tere are several apps that are published to all domain users.  I don't want some people to have access to these apps.  Only the ones I choose.  I realize there is nothing I can do if they log into the website, but the won't know that the site even exists.  The only thing they will know about is the icon I put on their desktop.  

**NOTE:  The accounts that they log onto their computers with are tied to a domain other than the one that the use to log onto Citrix, so I can't use any type of passthrough authentication to log them onto Citrix.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Answer : Problem: Very Simple Citrix Desktop App Publishing Question

There is a well documented modification for the Citrix Web Interface 3.0/4.0 that will autolaunch a defined app upon authentication.

http://www.citrix4ge.de/wim/wimal.htm

That should do the trick!
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us