Question : Problem: What is needed for Citrix Installation

I am getting ready to have Citrix Presentation Server 4.0 installed, just 15 user system.
My current DC is a @003 Server Enterprise w/ 50 users
The Citrix is going on a new server, Dual 3.2 Xeon, 3 GB Ram, 4 15k rpm 72 MB harddrives.

1 - Will that be sufficient to handle those Citrix users, and what might I look to expand my users to?
2 - What needs to be installed on the Server as far as an OS.  I could put a copy of 2003 Server on, or does it go on as its own operating system?

I am having a reseller do the install, and I want to have as much done as possible.  Should I install 2003 Server on the new box?

3 - Is this simple enough to configure that I could do it myself?

I look forward to being enlightened, 500 quick points for you.

thanks,

Answer : Problem: What is needed for Citrix Installation

1 - The specs listed will run the citrix sessions fine
2 - You do need to have 2000 or 2003 server installed.  2003 is going to be your best choice now.  
3 - Depends on your level of expertise in computers and networking in general.  If you are familiar with terminal services at all you will do fine.  

Installing citrix is pretty straight forward.  Getting all of the applications to work the way you want them to can be somewhat difficult.  If your apps are something just like MS Office it is pretty easy.  If you are trying to run apps that aren't really written for multi user environment then it can take some research or just posting a few more questions here.  

If you aren't pressed for time and aren't under the gun to get the citrix server into production you should do the install yourself.  This will help in the future if you need to TS a problem.  Everyone here will be glad to help!

In my opinion if you are going to have the reseller do the citrix install I would let them do the O/S install as well.  This way if the citrix install doesn't go as planned they cannot blame it on how the O/S was installed

Good Luck

Just Ask if you need more help
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us