Question : Problem: Hide Desktop Icons for a Local Group During an RDP session

Greetings,
I would like to hide the icons on the desktop of a Win2003 server during an RDP session initiated by a domain user who is in a local group.

Detail:  I have a Windows 2003 Server running an application that's reporting service has to be run from the server desktop. I have created a local security group called REPORTING and place into it the few domain users that need the feature. On the user's desktop I have created a Remote Desktop Connection that connects to the server and lauches the Reporting program.

Prefered Result: The drawback to the above senario is that if the user closes the Reporting program, they can then access the other items on the desktop. All they really need is the ability to log off.  I am looking for a way to solve this. It would be great if they could RDP to the desktop, auto-launch reporting, and logout when thay are finished.

Note: TS has to be installed Administratively on this server.

Thanks

Answer : Problem: Hide Desktop Icons for a Local Group During an RDP session

Can you not use Group policy on the domain controller and the stick the user in an OU with the policy applied.  

there is also a registry edit following the link below:

http://www.windowsnetworking.com/kbase/WindowsTips/WindowsXP/RegistryTips/Disable-Hide/HideDesktopIcons.html
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us