Question : Problem: SIS 7012 audio driver error

I am trying to install the driver for the SIS 7012 audio, Windows already found what it thought to be the drivers with the upgrade to SP3 which was the C-Media AC97, now im trying update driver though device manager after downloading the driver from SIS and all I get is the message below, even if I run the installer I still get it.  

An error occurred during the installation of the device
The name is already in use as either a service or a service display name

Answer : Problem: SIS 7012 audio driver error

This is an odd one. If there truely is a service running that is blocking this: you can try 2 things.

***Before trying these unistall the audio drivers. First unistall out of the add/remove programs from the control panel. Then go to the device manager (Right click on My Computer, click manage, Then go to Device Manager) Right click on any/all the audio drivers and unistall.

1. Tap 'F8' continuously before windows boots to run in safe mode. This allows only limited services to run. Try installing in safe mode.

2. Right click on My Computer, Click Manage. Click on Services and Applications, then Services. Stop any service that could be related to audio. Try reinstalling.

Good luck!!!

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us