Question : Problem: Problem detecting 2nd PATA hard drive

I just helped my friend build a system from scratch.  It has a 160gb SATA hard drive for the OS and games, and a 320gb PATA drive for storage.  The SATA is a Seagate and the PATA is a Western Digital.  However, I can't get the PATA storage drive to be detected in windows.  It shows up fine in the BIOS (it's set as the primary master, the SATA is the 3rd master and boot drive).  I tried it with the pins on the PATA set to master, slave and CS with no luck.  I remembered once hearing that you had to remove the pin connector entirely in some Western Digital drives, so I tried that as well with no luck.  The wires are definately not loose, and if they were I doubt it would show up in the BIOS.  I'm out of ideas, can anyone help?

Answer : Problem: Problem detecting 2nd PATA hard drive

check here for the correct jumpering :

http://wdc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wdc.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=84&p_created=1005005461&p_sid=23v8bDei&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MzE3JnBfcHJvZHM9JnBfY2F0cz0mcF9wdj0mcF9jdj0mcF9zZWFyY2hfdHlwZT1zZWFyY2hfZm5sJnBfcGFnZT0xJnBfc2VhcmNoX3RleHQ9anVtcGVyIHNldHRpbmdz&p_li=&p_topview=1
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us