Question : Problem: is it possible to log in through remote desktop connection if we put pc ion hibernation

Dear Sir ,
                 i wanto put my pc on hibernation to save electricity as normally i do work from my home through vpn , so my system remains open always and recently my system smps and vga card crashed due to voltage issue .
in this regards i want to know if i put my pc on hibernation , will i be able to log into my pc through REMOTE DESKTOP CONNECTION .
please advice
regards

Answer : Problem: is it possible to log in through remote desktop connection if we put pc ion hibernation

Unfortunately to access your computer it needs to be turned on. To do this you will need to use a feature like "Wake On Lan".
WOL allows you to turn off your computer and wake it up by using a "magic packet" over the Internet. The "magic packet" is unique to your computer. Unfortunately you will need to do a bit of research to get this working. Have a look through this link for detailed help:

http://www.depicus.com/wake-on-lan/woli.aspx

This is all dependant on your computer having this feature. Most modern computers do. Usually you need to get into the BIOS (check manual) and turn this feature on.

If your computer doesnt have this feature, you may have "wake on modem." This allows your computer turn on when the phone line is activated. You can get freeware software to turn off your computer after a set time like 10 mins (for false alarms) and you can access your computer during this time and stop the "turn off" feature.

Hope this helps.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us