Question : Backup Exec failure, warning, corrupt file

We're running Backup Exec 12.5 on a Windows Server 2003 w/SP2 32-bit server that backs up multiple servers. All servers backup properly except the server that Backup Exec is installed on. We get the following Job Completion status:

"Job ended: Sunday, August 09, 2009 at 12:28:22 PM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000fe36 - Corrupt data encountered. See the job log for details.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-65078"

There are numerous exceptions on the C: drive of that server only. Some of the exceptions don't make sense. These are not open files, and there is no good reason why they would not backup. See below:

"Backup- C: WARNING: "C:\Documents and Settings\colbertadmin\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\Windows Explorer.lnk" is a corrupt file.
This file cannot verify.
WARNING: "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Resource\Linguistics\Providers\Proximity\11.00\engphon.env" is a corrupt file.
This file cannot verify."

I contacted Symantec support and they asked me to run CHKDSK on the C: volume. It had no errors. I plan to run it in "/F" mode again on the weekend, which is the only time I can take this server offline.

Following are details of the server configuration:
HP DL360 G4 w/4GB RAM
Windows Server 2003 w/SP2 32-bit
Symantec Backup Exec 12.5 w/SP2 and all updates
Integrated SCSI controller and two LSI Logic controllers, one for a DAS and the other for Quantum Autoloader

Answer : Backup Exec failure, warning, corrupt file

Symantec support helped me solve the problem. The issue was that we have Advanced File Option enabled AND Open File was configured to backup without a lock. Changing the option to "With a lock" solved the issue.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us