Question : Problem: Which LCD display models work as a replacement for a broken PowerBook G4 1.5GHz 17" Aluminum display?

Which LCD displays (just the LCD display, not the "Display Assembly" which includes the front bezel and the top cover with the Apple Logo) work for the Apple PowerBook G4 1.5 GHz 17"?

The LCD display that I pulled is an LG Philips LP171W01 (A4)(K3) Most LCD distributor sites show the following;

LP171W01 (A4)
LP171W01 (A4)(K1)
LP171W01 (A4)(K2)

NO LP171W01 (A4)(K3)!!!! and no one, not even the sales people want to answer or know the answer,"Is the LP171W01 (A4)(K3) compatible with any of the above three models?"  What does the K3 signify?

I am having a hard time finding an LP171W01 (A4)(K3) If it is compatible with any of the above or another model, please let me know.

I have looked for info on LG Philips website and sent emails but they just refer you to the manufacturer of the laptop.

Answer : Problem: Which LCD display models work as a replacement for a broken PowerBook G4 1.5GHz 17" Aluminum display?

The (A4) models are all the same, however if you are really worried about the compatibility, you can get the K3 from http://stores.onlinedrives.com/Items/lp171w01-a4-k3-a
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us