Question : Problem: PS 4.0 Access Suite Problem

Greetings Citrix experts,

Over the weekend I completed an in-place upgrade of our single farm, two server XPa FR3 installation to PS 4.0 and things seemed ok.  Servers are Win 2K Server (Std) boxes, Hotfix Rollup PSE400W2KR02.01 has been applied (others later, I hope) and have had the Access Suite open on both servers all day long (on the internal LAN), checking settings, etc.

Tonight I login to SERVER1 desktop via Program Neighborhood (from home), click the Access Suite button on the ICA Toolbar and it hangs on the "Initializing the Access Suite console..." "Status: Loading Snap-in data" window...I can open the PS 4.0 Management Console without issue but the Access Suite Console is not responding.  Same behavior on SERVER2 in the farm.

Just prior to this aberrant behavior, the last time the Access Suite was open it would not perform Discovery on the farm.  Any help would be most appreciated.  Thank you.

Answer : Problem: PS 4.0 Access Suite Problem

Watch your .NET FW version with PS4.  It gets quite grumpy if you upgrade to 2 (3 would be worse I imagine).  There is a workaround though: http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX108104&searchID=11393906
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us