Question : Problem: Scan to PDF not an option in HP scanner software

Hello everyone.

My problem is with a recently purchased HP OfficeJet Pro L7680 which works great on everything except scanning.  When trying to scan from the printer itself, my options listed our the HP software installed on the computer (Image Zone, Document Viewer, ect) and Scan to Memory Device.

Interestingly enough, when I 'Scan to Memory Device', PDF is an option and it scans beautifully into a PDF document.

However, when we choose any of the HP software, the only options available in the software options are .tiff and .jpeg....no PDF.  I'm at a loss y'all, everything else looks right.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

Answer : Problem: Scan to PDF not an option in HP scanner software

My dear friend.

I have learned a valuable lesson sir.  HP software only shows it's true colors when faced with eradication!  :-)  

After I installed 'ScanToPDF' I proceeded like anyone would.  I loaded paper into the scanner, heard the "'beep' document loaded' message that I have heard so many times before.  What happens next is quite a suprise.  I sat down at the computer and opened ScantoPDF and clicked the 'Scan' button.  Guess what opened up?  'HP Scanning'!!  It seems that HP only needed a nudge in the right direction.

The document scanned into a PDF like there was never a problem.  

Not only is PDF an option inside of 'HP Solution Center' where it was not previously, but on the printer itself you can now select 'Scan to File' which promptly scans the document into PDF format without any problems.  

I definitely did not see that one comming!  haha.
The user has been scanning to PDF with no problems for several days now utilizing the HP software.

C'mon, you know that made you giggle? haha.  Oh, and thanks for the compliment on the narration, can you tell creative writting used to be a hobby of mine?  I think anyone that pursues a career in I.T. is a little sadistic, haha.

Thanks for everything!
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us