Question : Problem: problem with Ghost image use on Dell, BIOS related

I did tryed several times use Ghost 9 image, and it does greate job on some Dell PC , but not on all of them.
It will basicly freeze up on boot up, and will not go further.(most likely some of the Dell BIOS version will prevent Ghost taking over motherboard resources- SCSI ontrollers and so on).
Is there can be simple solution to it , in order to be able greate an image of Win 2003 server?
What would be other similuar software can do same type of imaging as Ghost?
Acronic ,Veritas Synematic is kind of expencive to use on win2003 server, and Win2003 backup option is not very helpfull, as I never was able restore from it to the same state as was before.

Answer : Problem: problem with Ghost image use on Dell, BIOS related

Are you using the Ghost disc as the bootable media?  If so of course it can't be customized.  But if you create the media by using Ghost utility, it allows you to choose what driver to include.  Keep your drivers to a minimum because under DOS any driver failure can hang your system.

I can't speak for sure for version 9 since I pretty much ditched Ghost before that version due to other issues.  But I can't imagine Ghost would drop the functionality to create your own boot media.

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us