Question : Problem: How do you setup printing to local printer when using RDP to access Windows Server 2003?

I have clients that use Remote Desktop to access their Windows Server 2003 computers.  Some have no problem printing to their local printers because they autocreate.  Others cannot print to their local printers.  We've done the simple things like making sure that they select 'Printers' on the 'Local Resources' tab of the Remote Desktop Connection client.  We've installed the driver for the printer on the server.  Does anyone have a consistent solution that we can use?

Answer : Problem: How do you setup printing to local printer when using RDP to access Windows Server 2003?

Are you installing the exact same printer driver on the server that is on the client?

Additionally there is a known issue with USB printers that install a DOT 4 printer port type.  These are often multifunction printers. They do not autocreate properly without a reg-heck.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/302361
Random Solutions  
  •  Problem: Nvidia Quadro 3450 Dual Dual-Link DVI in Windows XP Pro
  •  Problem: Promise FastTrak SX4100 - Loss of all data on RAID 5 Drives
  •  Problem: Blackberry Professional Software Servives
  •  Problem: How do I best organise: I want itunes library on external hard-drive but also want a subset of my music on my macbookpro but want to avoid duplication?
  •  Problem: Cisco ASA 5505
  •  Problem: Can a project developed in Java J2me run successfully on most mobile devices?
  •  Problem: 8800GT Dual video cards not working on Tyan S5396 w/ Vista Ultimate 64 bit
  •  Problem: My GPU is making a loud noise, is it the PSU or the GPU causing it to make that noise?
  •  Problem: SCCM 2007 packages no pushing to clients
  •  Problem: HP Proliant DL380 G4, Smart Array 6i -- running Windows 2k3 Server as a Fileserver.   How do we configure so that we can expand array and data partition as needed?
  •  
    programming4us programming4us