Question : Problem: HP LaserJet 1320 Light on Left Side

The left side of the paper is not printing. I have cleaned all the rollers with alcohol wipes and tried different Toner cartridges. Sometimes after we clean in and shake the cartridge I might get a few normal sheets then it goes back to nothing on the left side of the paper.   I have a HP Laser 1320.

Answer : Problem: HP LaserJet 1320 Light on Left Side

Since you say you shake the cartridge and get a few normal sheets, I'd initially lean towards a problem with the toner cartridge.  Having this happen with different toner cartridges makes it less likely.  Are you using the HP toner cartridges, or are you using either re-furbished or third party cartridges?  If re-furbished or third party, it's possible you got a bad batch (or a humidity issue during shipment or build).  Try getting a genuine HP toner cartridge and see if the issue improves.

This link gives troubleshooting steps from HP.  You've probably done most of them, but go through the list once again and verify none of these help improve the issue:
http://h41206.www4.hp.com/webapps/IV3/node.iv?locale=en_us&prodSeriesId=410622&node=prodITRC%2FUK_HS_IPG_PSG_Ktree_Homepage_EN_01_E%2FN1%7C4%7C1%7C16%7C16%7C2%7C9&prodTypeId=18972&serverId=1#src

Either the cartridge or a controller issue.  Doubt it's the fuser as the ink is not even getting to the page.  Try the new cartridge and the steps listed and let me know how it goes.

michko
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us