Question : Problem: Restoring exchange mailboxes using Veritas Backup Exec 9 failing

Our domain controller/exchange server crased 2 days ago, (two hard disks in a RAID 5 failed at once).

I've built a new server up, implemented a new domain, and exchange server on it.  Now i'm trying to restore the mailboxes from the backups, but the job keeps failing.

I'm setting up a job in Vertias Backup Exec 9, using Exchange Redirection, to restore one mailbox, and redirecting it to a mailbox on the new server, that is already created.

When I run the job, it runs for about 30 seconds, and fails, citing:
0xa000fe29 - Authentication failed on connection to the server
Final Error Category: Security Errors

and
Access is denied to the Remote Agent.

We've already restored data from this backup to the remote server, but the exchange mailboxes won't restore!

Also, in the job setup, the resource credintials list the old server name, and login details.  I don't know why they are their, and I can't change them to the new server name.  Are these possibly the problem?  If so, why can't I change it?

Any help anybody can give on this would be much appreciated, as I need to find a resolution to this ASAP.

Thanks
Slade

Answer : Problem: Restoring exchange mailboxes using Veritas Backup Exec 9 failing

PAQed with points refunded (500)

GranMod
Community Support Moderator
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us