Question : Problem: Replacing Powerbook 17" lcd or associated parts

I saw the previous question on the 17" powerbook display and the expert solution was not helpful. I am replacing an inverter board. In order to do this, I have removed the top case from the bottom case, following the Ifixit procedure.  The problem is that the display bezel seems to be glued or welded onto the front. I cannot get underneath to replace the inverter cable, the inverter board, the backlight or the lcd without removing the display bezel.  The solution seems to be, from the web (where I have done EXHAUSTIVE research) to use the spudger to lift the bezel.  This is not the case. That sucker is stuck on with superglue or something.  There are a lot of cases out there that have been ruined by trying to pry up that bezel wth a screwdriver. I can't make headway underneath it for anything.  Please provide a solution that actually removes the bezel so a repair can be done to the inverter cable, the inverter board, the backlight or the lcd that can't be accessed except under that darn bezel.

The picture on the Apple Service manual for the 12" shows screws on the bezel which allow it to be taken off fairly easily.  There are NO SUCH SCREWS on the 17" model.  People have done this...tell me how.

Answer : Problem: Replacing Powerbook 17" lcd or associated parts

A wee way down this page seems to indicate there are clips, not glue as on other models.

http://forums.macosxhints.com/archive/index.php/t-31679.html
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us