Question : Problem: Block file/printer share on a wireless lan

I have a need to share a wireless internet connection but I want to be sure that no one can access my files or printer through that wireless connection. My PCs are on the same network but all cabled and do share files/printer. Do I need special equipment to do this?
I corrently use a Netgear FVS338 VPN Firewall for my main router.
I have connected a Linksys WRT54G wireless router to a ethernet cable to one of the ports on from the Netgear and get a wireless connection that way but not so sure that it will block the file share if someone starts snooping. Is there a way to set up a wireless router connected this way and be sure that they cannot find my first network?
Thank You much

Answer : Problem: Block file/printer share on a wireless lan

In the Linksys web configuration, on the Wireless 'tab' over at the right just below the tabs click on Advanced Wireless Settings. On that page set AP Isolation to On. Save your settings. Now wireless clients can't see each other.

To keep the wired and wireless separate you'll need to configure a firewall rule in the FVS338, to allow the IP you gave the WRT54G's WAN port access only to the Netgear's WAN, not to any of the LAN.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us