Question : Problem: Failing hard drive on external back up to HD system

Hello,

I have an Exchange Server that has an external Addonics SATA Raid Controller which contains 4 80G hard drives that are running RAID 1.  I use Veritas to backup data on this server and a file server to the 160G of space.  I've been receiving several system events "The driver has detected that device \Device\Harddisk1\DR1 has predicted that it will fail.  Immediately back up your data and replace your hard disk drive. A failure  may be imminent."  By going into Device Manager, I have figured out that DR1 is the entire RAID device (not the Dell Perc that's in the server) but I don't know which of those 4 drives is the problem child.  

I'd like to know if there is a way I can veiw the status of these hard drives and decifer which is failing withOUT restarting the system and going into the RAID control set up.  I have tried installing the Java tool SATARaid but in order to configure that tool it will delete what backups I do have on the drives.  

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Answer : Problem: Failing hard drive on external back up to HD system

By what I ha the chnace to read, in the following link, there is a tool that comes with the package , as I copy here " You can also install the SATA GUI utility Under Windows to monitor the RAID Set. It is under the Utility section of the driver disc. "

"http://www.addonics.com/support/user_guides/pdf/ADSA4R-E.pdf"

Best Regards !
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us