Question : Problem: System Monitor/Alerter

My daughter's PC suddenly restrted on its own and windows reported a problem with one of more of the following:

RAM,
Motherboard,
CPU, and/oe
Power Supply.

I am looking for application suggestions so I may monitor/log these system componenets in order to determine if one of these components is about to fail.  I have tried Glint and MBM but neither have whjat I need.  All suggestions welcome.  Thank you.

Answer : Problem: System Monitor/Alerter

hehe Quick like a bunny ask a question that fits the above answer, load it with points,and i will copy paste the above answer. Anywho,  just kidding. Everest offers their ultimate edition for like 34.95 on their site. http://www.lavalys.com/purchase.php?category=evue&ps=UE&lang=en
This is what their diagnostics offer:

System Stability Test
Ability to stress system memory, CPU, FPU and local disks simultaneously in real time through a completely visual interface. System thermal solution check through constant temperature, CPU load and CPU thermal throttle monitoring.
CPUID Panel
EVEREST CPUID panel to provide a compact overview on CPU, motherboard, RAM and chipset. Invaluable information on overclocked systems, dynamic refresh to support Enhanced Intel SpeedStep and AMD Cool'n'Quiet technologies.
Hardware monitoring
Sensor information including system, CPU and GPU temperature, fan status, CPU, GPU, AGP and DRAM voltage monitoring, S.M.A.R.T. disk health status. Support for Corsair Xpert memory modules.
Sensor icons
Sensor icons feature to display actual system temperature and voltage values on the System Tray.
CPU and FPU benchmarks
State of the art multi-threaded benchmark methods to measure performance of both old and brand new processors. References list to compare actual performance with other systems.
Memory benchmarking
Memory read and write speed, memory latency measurement to stress the memory and cache subsystem, including references list to compare actual performance with other systems.
Disk Benchmark module
Disk Benchmark module to measure performance of hard disk drives, optical disk drives (CD/DVD/Blu-Ray) and USB flash drives. Graphical overview of disk performance measured on different areas of the disk surface.
Tips & suggestions
Detection of possible hardware and software misconfiguration and compatibility issues.
This software will do all of what I originally suggested plus some of the real time monitoring you wanted. Ultimately, what you want ideally is dictated by what hardware sensors are built-in to your machine. SMART drive status is built-in.  Various temp sensors may be built-in but that is indirect of course mainly relative to cpu. You still have to stress test a cpu to get real time internal data. Memory can also overheat but there is no self reporting sensor built-in so you have to stress test. Mother board same same. So for what you want, the top of the line Everest edition will monitor all built-in sensors and stress test as desired.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us