Question : Problem: Extra Large Monitor

Hi there.

I'm looking into purchasing a new PC for a friend who is partially sighted and because of this he needs a very big monitor (about 32") which will have a large display with big icons, and large fonts.

I've been told that some large screens won't run windows full screen but rather just run it at a normal size in the middle of the screen. Is this true?

Also want something that will play DVD's to a reasonable quality so what should I be looking for specwise?

Any advice on this would be highly appreciated.

Answer : Problem: Extra Large Monitor

Oli999,

I think the best option for your friend is to get a big screen TV with lowest resolution possible NOT a computer monitor.

Reasons:
1. LCD will have the best display quality when running at native resolution
2. Lower resolution will give you much bigger text, icon than high resolution on same sized monitor/tv, for example, a 32 inch monitor running at 1024X768 will give you bigger text, icon than a 32 inch monitor running at 1366 x 768.

Recommendations:
1. Screen size as big as possible(if it doesn't cost an arm and a leg), native resolution as low as possible
2. We have a co-work who suffers from the same condition as your friend, he has a second monitor used as a magnifier - it displays enlarged image of the part of the desktop around the mouse cursor  

Hope that helps
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us