Question : Problem: Add unpartioned to old partion.

Changed hard drives for a RAID10 array.  New drives are double the storage capacity.  The array is 4 Maxtor Atlas V SCSI and an Adaptec 2120S Card.  The Computer is running Windows 2003 Server Ent.  the array is for a data drive and accessed by domain user for variuos data bases, documents, etc.  It is not the OS/Program files drive.  The drives are in and the array expanded.  So far so good.  The question is how do I get the unpartioned space to be part of the exsisting data drive? I don't want a new drive letter as this will cause confusion.  I want domauin users to see the same as they do now but with more room.

Answer : Problem: Add unpartioned to old partion.

you could also create a concatenated drive.  assuming you already made the drives dynamic, simply right click (in disk management) the drive you want to increase (E presumably) and select extend..
Since the underlying disks are hardware RAIDed, the performance shouldn't be affected very much, if at all.  Effectively what you're doing is creating a new partition and assigning the same drive letter to it and the old partion
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us