Question : Problem: Laptop will no longer power up

Hi

I have IBM A22M - About two weeks ago - whenever I used my USB pen drive (Have used it a lot since no effect on the other computers) - It would be fine Until I had to unplug it again, at which point it would completly cut off, and the machine would switch itself of.

Only way to power this back up was to unplug power, plug it back in again and then switch on.

After a week - we were using the computer when it died.

Now when we have the power in - we can see it is charging - but it will not power on.

Every time I try, it seems to try start up for a split second - then dies.

Any ideas

Ranj

Answer : Problem: Laptop will no longer power up

First, you should check the service and troubleshooting guide for the A22m:

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=0&uid=psg1MIGR-4YAPZ7&loc=en_US

Based on your description of the laptop's behavior recently, my first impression is that the power problems you were having could have damaged the motherboard and/or processor and/or system RAM, damage to any of which would prevent the laptop from starting.   The current circumstance of the laptop not powering on at all is a strong indicator that the problem is with the motherboard itself, though it could be a problem of supplying power to the system internally.  In either case, having the laptop serviced by IBM (preferably under warranty, if the warranty is still in effect) would be recommended.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us