Question : Problem: Linksys 10-Key Wep -V- Intermec 13-Key Wep

I already have an intermec Wa22 Access point set up.  I added some Linksys Access points arount the building to expanding the signal.  I want to set the Wep keys all the same so its one big signal. But the key on the the intermec is 13 and the one on the linksys can only be 10- or 26.  is there a way to change it on either one so It can be the same?

Answer : Problem: Linksys 10-Key Wep -V- Intermec 13-Key Wep

Entering a passphrase and generating a key is not the same as entering 10 or 26 characters in the index field you'll be using. On all Linksys models if you enter the same passphrase and click Generate it will come up with the same key, though. It's just a way of taking a simple password and turning it into a complex password. Compatibility with other brands is not likely.

I was using a WRT55AG v2 to experiment on.

After a little digging I found this blurb in the WAP54G manual, though:

WEP Key - The WEP key you enter must match the WEP key of your wireless network. For 128-bit encryption,
enter exactly 26 hexadecimal characters. Valid hexadecimal characters are 0 to 9 and A to F.

So, entering 3030303139354D413031383431 in the Linksys for a 128-bit WEP key in key 1 should match 000195MA01841 entered in key 1 of the intermec. Does the intermec offer the option of entering the key in HEX?
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us