Question : Problem: RJ45 Connectors

Hi all,
I've been trying to first identify and then try to find and purchase different types of RJ45 jacks. There are a few cases that I'm considering and I'll lay them out here for you based on the cable they will be crimped on.

1. Cat5 - Stranded
2. Cat5 - Solid

3. Cat5e - Stranded
4. Cat5e - Solid

5. Cat6 - Unshielded Stranded
6. Cat6 - Unshielded Solid
7. Cat6 - Shielded Stranded
8. Cat6 - Shielded Solid

These are the 8 cases that concern me in my line of work.

I separate Stranded wires from Solid wires because I once came across the connector in the photo below (RJ45-Solid) but I can't find it anymore. Notice how the blades are slightly curved to allow them to attach to the sides of the solid wire instead of cutting through it. Which would be the case if one used the other jack (RJ45-Stranded) who's blades are straight.

In the case of a Cat5e cable, I keep seeing these connectors on ready-made patch cords. Instead of having the wires lined up on a straight line, they are positioned in two rows, one higher, one lower. (See picture RJ45-Cat5e)

I was able to find some connectors for Cat6 cable, seeing as there's very little space to fit a Cat6 cable in the Cat5 connectors.

Any help identifying these connectors would be appreciated.
Thanks

Answer : Problem: RJ45 Connectors

There are two types of 8P8C plugs, sockets, and diesets (used for crimping): Western Electric/Stewart Stamping (WE/SS) and Tyco/AMP. While both types look remarkably similar, they are exclusive and cannot be interchanged. Tyco/AMP 8P8C plugs are proprietary, and have smaller spacing between contacts than the WE/SS style. As a result, using a WE/SS 8P8C crimp dieset on a Tyco/AMP 8P8C plug will crush the top of the connector, and vice versa. While the WE/SS 8P8C plug is more common than Tyco/AMP, it is still important to know what style is being used to avoid damaging the plug during crimping.
WE/SS 8P8C plugs come in shielded and unshielded varieties, depending on the attenuation tolerance needed. All Tyco/AMP 8P8C plugs include a metal ferrule, and so shielding comes standard. Shielded plugs are more expensive, but have a lower attenuation and can reduce signal noise. WE/SS plugs are available from a large number of manufacturers, whereas Tyco/AMP plugs are produced exclusively by Tyco Electronics.

I use AMP but that's because i have an AMP tool and the diesets.  Use whatever you have the tool for.

RJ45 FOR STRANDED - ROUND CABLE
Amp Tyco Connectors Product Page AMP 5-554169-3

RJ45 FOR SOLID - ROUND CABLE
Amp Tyco Connectors Product Page AMP 5-554720-3

RJ45 FOR STRANDED - FLAT-OVAL
Amp Tyco Connectors Product Page AMP 5-554739-3

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us