Question : Problem: Dual Monitors, cant strech desktop :-(

Hi, I have a computer with Windows XP. The computer has 2 video cards, I have a monitor plugged into each video card. When I turn on the computer I see the exact same thing in both monitors. Since I want the image stretched into both monitors as one huge desktop, I go to settings in display properties but windows only sees one monitor there. If I go to device manager, I only see ONE video card (Intel 82945G) and if I go to the utility that came with the driver of that video card it also does not see the second monitor. My goal is to stretch the desktop into both monitors, as I sad before as of now I see the same thing on both monitors. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Also I noticed that when I open the computer case, one of the video cards is integrated with the motherboard but the second video cars is just a cable with the 15 pin video connection at one end and at the other end there is a 10 or so pins that go straight into some pins in the motherboard...weird, so is not PCI. AGP or PCIe....just a cable with a video connection at one end and at the other end some pins that go into straight into the motherboard. The second video card doe snot have a board or anything like that.

Answer : Problem: Dual Monitors, cant strech desktop :-(

I understand exactly what your saying, the motherboard does support two monitors, however I believe its up to the drivers to enable that support in XP.   For example, I run an office full of dual monitor desktops, and I have 3 different series of Dell Optiplex computers.  Depending on which computer, when I boot, I may see two identical screens or just one monitor acitvated until Windows XP is done loading to the login screen.
Now according to Intel - the 950 Graphics Media Accelerator does support  two displays on the 945 G Chipset.  http://www.intel.com/products/chipsets/gma950/index.htm
So my suggestion is to not only get the latest 950 GMA driver for the video, but also make sure you get the 945GC chipset driver from Intel as well.  They specify that it works with the 945G Express chipset.  I don't know if there's much of a difference between that and 945GC but it's worth a try.   Install the chipset drivers first and then the video drivers.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us